Enhanced Occupation Profiles
- Initially target special populations, perhaps returning veterans, juvenile offenders, chronically unemployed, etc.
- Green Economy Occupations may be the initial focus.
- Build occupational profiles utilizing public domain, textual content, but also continuously updated, video feeds, podcasts, slide shows, structured interviews, news feeds and social media feeds, blog posts, articles, job search forms. etc. These would be enhanced, rich profiles.
- Deliver the occupation profiles as eBooks, on a Website, as Podcasts, Videos, Slide Shows or Tablet Apps (Ipad).
- Revenue would come from many sources, primarily eBook sales, lead generation, affiliate marketing.
Who is the Founder?
- Marc D. Snyder is creating iCareerGuides, Inc. He previously founded Careers.Org in 1995 and operated it as a sole proprietor until he sold it in June 2008. Careers.Org went on, under his direction to become a respected career directory and reference source, noted in more than 300 books, and 25,000+ other websites.
- Marc also co-authored two career books. Marc was co-author of How to Get a Job in Seattle and Western Washington in 1998. Also How to Get a Job in Seattle / Portland in 1996.
- Marc previously managed a large scale outbound teleservicing operation for a large regional bank. He also has a rich entrepreneurial backgound in telecommunications, book publishing and the restaurant industry.
Short Term Project Goals
- Work with an existing organization to further develop the concept.
- We may seek funding from a state, federal or non-profit organization based on an a previously funded, compatible project.
- We would seek to fill one position as Assistant Editor, from among a pool of talented new media, social media aware recent college graduates. Eventually, as the company evolves towards 500+ occupational profiles, 100+ Industry Profiles and perhaps 100+ city profiles, the company would employ additional permanent employees, and many additional independent contractors.
- Develop multiple monetization streams for future. The company would derive revenue from ebook sales, mobile app sales, site advertising, and podcasting sponsorships, etc.
- A sophisticated public relations effort, utilizing social media, blog posting, speaking engagements, web search engine optimization, webinars, podcasts, would be the primary vehicles to increase company branding and associated revenue growth.
Each Occupation Profile Will Include :
- Occupation Summary- Job Title | Information | Other Occupation Titles | Short Description | Fast Facts | Career Clusters
- Nature of the Work – Typical Tasks | Work Environment
- Occupation Characteristics – Job Zone | Interests | Work Activities | Work Values | Work Context | Technologies Used | Tools Used | typical Career Pathways
- Occupation Qualifications – Required Knowledge | Required Skills | Abilities / Recommended Personality Traits| Licensing | Certifications | Recommended College Coursework ( Additional Helpful College Coursework | Specific College Courses )
- Occupational Outlook – Projected Earnings | Projected Openings | Employment | Job Prospects
- Entrepreneurial Opportunities – Franchises | Online | Storefronts
- Explore Further – Advancement Opportunities | Related Occupations | Other Industries with Similar Jobs | Business and Trade Associations | Seminars | Conferences | Periodicals
- Online Resources – News Feeds | Twitter Feeds | Twitter Lists | Blog Posts | Podcasts | Recommended Books | Facebook Professional Pages | YouTube Videos | Periodicals | Webinars
- Articles of Interest
- Glossary of Terms
- For School Students
Example of ICG Content Deliverables
- YouTube Video Feed
- Twitter / Social Media Feeds
- News / Blog RSS Feeds
- Flicker Photo Feed
- Job Search Listings
- Google Maps
- Topical Articles
- Career Colleges Data
- EBooks ($)
- AudioBooks ($)
- Podcasts ($)
- Google Search ($)
- Page Topic Targeted Advertising ($)
Examples of Content Source Sites
OOH – Occupational Outlook Handbook
CGI – Career Guide to Industries
IPEDS – Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System – Colleges
O*NET- Occupational Information Network
CIP – College Instructional Programs
NAICS – NA Industry Classification System
SBA – Small Business Administration
IRS – Internal Revenue Services
FTC – Federal Trade Commission
CIA – Central Intelligence Agency
US State Department – EducationUSA.com
COS – CareerOneStop